Schools and tertiary education, health reform, the care of our elderly, the environment, housing, infrastructure, supporting volunteers and jobs.
These are the issues Catherine continues to work on.
Since her election to the seat of Ballarat in 2001, Catherine has been a tireless campaigner to make life better for local families.
Following the election of the Labor Government in 2007, Catherine has:
1. Secured capital funding for schools across the electorate as part of the Building the Education Revolution.
2. Led a campaign to improve health services in Ballarat, Ballan, Creswick and Bacchus Marsh. This included a $42 million Federal Government investment in cancer support and treatment in Ballarat.
3. Worked with the City of Ballarat and shires of Hepburn, Moorabool and Golden Plains in achieving funding for more than 50 community infrastructure projects.
4. Lobbied for more affordable housing across the electorate.
5. Secured funding for major Western Highway roads projects including the Deer Park bypass, the realignment of Anthony's Cutting and the duplication of the highway between Ballarat and Stawell, as well as for dozens of small roads projects.
6. Continues to work hard to make life better for every community across the electorate.